Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why "Rocks and Jewels"


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  I hope you will find that this blog is not just about me and mine.  Philippians 2:4 says, "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."  That "greater good" principle in God's Word is my desire here.   

Although this is not exclusively for and about them, I would like to dedicate "Rocks and Jewels" to my husband and to my children.  Especially during our days as a couple before children,  Dave and I would always make a point to collect some rock, stone, or jewel from the special places we've traveled together, and we continue to do so.  "Rocks and Jewels" also derives meaning for me, in that our children have names in their full names, which signify some sort of jewel or rock.  


 I wanted to make this blog something that, yes, will chronicle the rough and the beautiful, the strong and the delicate of our lives, and at the same time provide you with something to take away from it.  Whether it's useful information, a tasty recipe, a new conviction, or a good laugh, I pray you'll gain some nugget of goodness and truth each time you visit here.  You'll discover the various things about which I'm passionate, and perhaps one of them will resonate with your own heart.  I look forward to hearing your feedback and comments about these things...  I hope you'll come again soon.  Everyone who visits tomorrow gets a surprise gift!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog. Even though I've never met your husband or children, I think you have a sweet family. By the way, cute title.

    ReplyDelete